Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Henna and soy are fabulous

Well, something's working. I'm not sure if it's the henna, the Jello, the supplments and vitamins, the vinegar or something else, but something's working! I can definitely put my hair in a decent ponytail now -- without any hairspray!

I did my second application of henna last week. I tried mixing red, light brown and medium brown to see if I could get a richer hue to cover my roots. It worked; it looks really good! Later that day, my husband and I filed our tax return, and the CPA asked if I was a natural redhead. Although I was going for more of a reddish warm brown, hey, I'll take the compliment! That means the henna does look natural -- not fake or harsh like a box dye. Plus, the henna is actually good for hair and makes it soooo shiny. The directions say that with every application of henna, the hair gets more texturized. That's certainly happening, too. It seems almost twice as thick now.

I also switched from dairy to soy milk this week. First of all, I have never been able to sit down and drink a glass of plain white cow's milk. If it's in something, that's fine, but I really don't care for it and I don't like to think about where it came from. Second, cows are pumped full of growth hormones and antibiotics. I really don't want to ingest those things. Third, I heard that soy milk contains a form of estrogen. I am a curious person, so I Googled estrogen. Guess what: It supposedly helps hair grow faster!! Woohoo! I know that soy milk can be a little pricey, so I visited my favorite low-cost grocery store -- Aldi. Sure enough, Aldi sells reasonably priced soy milk -- organic chocolate soy milk, to be exact. Yum. I love a tall glass of it, and it's also very good in coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment