Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Back on the Jello Train/Loving the Cod Liver Oil


OK, I have to admit, I fell off the Jello train for a couple of weeks. I did. It's just so jiggly and kind of weird -- I don't dislike it, but it's not exactly something I crave. I made a huge batch of it last night, though. I think the key to tolerating that sugary gelatin snack is to add a little creativity. In this case, I added chopped apples to some strawberry Jello. I'm sure that sounds crazy, but in all honesty, it's not that bad.


Here's a tip: If you decide to grow your hair out, it might be best to start with a blunt haircut, like a bob. I started with an angled, layered style, and I've been regretting that. As you might be able to tell in earlier photos, it was angled down in the front -- a popular style for those who are planning to keep their hair short. As my haircut has grown out since Thanksgiving, though, it has looked a little crazy in the front. The angles started sticking out and looked really thin. So... It took me a few days, but last week I worked up enough courage to trim them myself. I ONLY trimmed the front angles, and the result is good. I'm happy with the even ends now, and didn't have to go to a hairdresser (besides -- a hairdresser probably would have trimmed everything). Can't trim the hair too much! Every millimeter counts at this stage. Must get it to my shoulders.


I've added cod liver oil to my growing list of supplements. It's an additional source of Vitamin D and other beneficial nutrients for general health. Thankfully, Vitamin Shoppe sells it in capsule form, so I don't have to swallow teaspoons of, well, oil from a fish liver. Eww. However, I know the greatest concentration of fish oil nutrients is found in the liver, so I made the purchase. Trust me... The capsules are the way to go. But even the capsules smell a little, if you're dumb enough to actually hold the bottle up to your nose and take a whiff (apparently I'm dumb enough, because out of curiosity, I did exactly that). Cod liver oil is said to have other benefits, too -- it helps with joint pain (good for my shoulder issue) and relieves migraines. So in a nutshell, I now love cod liver oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment