Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

YMCA

Finally... I have time to blog again! I started a new job in August, and there hasn't been much time to blog these past couple months. And when there is time, I have to catch up on laundry and whatnot. So, I am finally sitting down with the iPad (love it) on a Saturday evening and updating.

The tresses are still growing. So far, so good. Still doing the henna every month. I've figured out the perfect blend of the red and dark brown henna, and love the reddish-brown, glowing, shiny look it creates. Had to do another mini-trim (yep, another three millimeters... I discovered that that's called a "dusting"). It's at my shoulders and going strong! The one-year mark is coming up, and it is my intention to post an update picture at that time. Late November...

Still eating the protein and lots of fruits and vegetables. Still taking the cod liver oil and Vitamin D and random plethora of other supplements. Still using the organic shampoo and conditioner (yay, no sulfates and it's inexpensive!) from Whole Foods. What's more, my husband and I recently joined the YMCA, because we are trying to stay (or, ahem, get) healthy. Bonus: Exercise is good for hair growth and circulation. We're getting into the cooler months (fine with me) and it will soon be winter (not fine with me), and hair growth tends to slow down during winter. Why? I think there are two reasons. First, people don't move around as much when it's cold outside... They stay bundled up inside. That's detrimental to circulation. Two, people don't get as much Vitamin D from the sun during winter. That also affects hair growth.

So, I'm all set for the months to come, with a Y membership and a big bottle of ginormous-dose Vitamin D. Bring on winter (well, actually, don't...).

No comments:

Post a Comment