Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Soy? I told you so.

I have suspected for several months that soy protein is tied to hair growth. I found an interesting article that mentions this, particularly a European study that found that soy milk increases hair growth significantly -- about 15 percent. The article is here, on www.holistic online.com:

http://www.holisticonline.com/remedies/hair/hair_loss-diet.htm

So, that's worth all the soy milk I've been chugging these past months.

We are approaching New Year's Eve, and although I usually don't bother with resolutions, I am making one for 2011: to take my Vitamin D every day. I have such a hard time remembering to take vitamins, but I found a pill reminder app for my iPad that will remind me every evening, and we'll see if that helps. Vitamin D is beneficial in many ways, including mood (I need help with that, too, particularly during the winter months) and hair growth.

So, I raise my glass of chocolate soy milk in a healthy salute to 2011. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nice site I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. Would it be possible if I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!

    Aaron Grey
    aarongrey112 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete