Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Apple cider vinegar is a sweet hair treatment. But lettuce? Not so much.

I have now tried the apple cider vinegar hair rinse and the banana/lettuce/citrus scalp treatment. Obviously, I have no idea yet if they'll contribute to hair growth, but I am pleased with the immediate results of the vinegar rinse! The fruits-and-veggies treatment was not so fun.

I diluted the vinegar to one part vinegar, one part water, and poured it all over my hair right after washing it, while it was still wet. I massaged it into my hair and scalp and did not rinse it out. I'll admit, my hair smelled a little funky while it was wet, but after I dried it, it smelled fine, almost like a fresh apple. My hair was very shiny and soft, as well! Styling it was easier, and it looked like silk. I'll keep this treatment up and see what happens!

The banana/lettuce/citrus treatment was a mess. I used about a fourth of a banana, a handful of lettuce and a lime wedge, and mashed everything together in a plastic bag. I probably should have used a blender, and if I get super-bored some Saturday in the future, maybe I'll try that. I wrapped a towel around my shoulders and proceeded to rub the mixture through my hair. About 90 percent of the mixture landed either on the floor or in the sink. I tried to scoop some of it back up from the sink, but didn't have much luck. I wrapped it all up in a towel and let it sit for 30 minutes. Besides smelling like a fruit salad, it wasn't unpleasant. I can't imagine how such a treatment would be beneficial, though! I rinsed it out... And rinsed it some more. It was quite challenging to extract all the tiny chunks of lime pulp, lettuce and banana. I gave up on water and did manage to brush the rest of it out. All in all, I give this treatment a thumbs down.

What's next on the list of treatments? Well, you might catch me hanging upside down like a bat, because I'm going to add the inversion table to my regimen. It sits in the exercise room (out of sight, out of mind), but I am going to try harder to remember to use it. Maybe I'll find a picture of a bat and tape it to my alarm clock so that I see it every morning. That would be a lovely thing to see first thing in the morning... Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment