Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

My husband, my guinea pig

Well... It looks like I'm not the only one trying my hair growth experiments, now. My husband has agreed to be my "guinea pig" with some of the remedies! He absolutely can't stand Jello, but he's willing to try the scalp treatments and other herbal and dietary remedies. His wish is a bit different, though -- he wears his hair short, but his hairline is beginning to recede just a bit, and he's only in his 20s. So, we'll give it a month or two and see if these treatments also are effective at combating a receding hairline.

I'm also happy to report that my hair is growing really quickly! It's just sprouting right out of my scalp. This is quite possibly the fastest that my hair has ever grown. Something's working! I'm betting that, by April, I'll be able to put it up in a ponytail. It seems to be thicker, too.

I'm getting used to the taste of the hair/skin/nails multivitamins. They're bitter, which makes them difficult to swallow, but they're not so bad after a while. Every time I go to the kitchen to take a vitamin, I try to conjure up a mental picture of myself with long hair. Swallowing the vitamins is much easier with that in mind. :-) I'm still taking the Vitamin D, herbal and cayenne supplements, as well, but they're easier to swallow. The rosemary supplement actually tastes refreshing and smells good.

I know I don't "need" long hair in order to be happy... All I do know is that it would bring me some added joy. I'm at a place in my life where I'm making some changes in order to be happier and more content. Maybe it's a quarter-life crisis. Who knows? I am leaving my ultra-stressful day job and pursuing some opportunities that will give me more contentment and freedom to be a human being. Life is short. It's definitely too short to waste time being miserable. Life is all about making decisions, and I have decided to be kinder to myself and pursue things that will bring me joy, even if they seem a little "superficial." So many aspects of life are depressing and negative. Shouldn't we try that much harder, then, to find some things that make us happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment