Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mixin' it up: A search for more scalp treatments

I've done some more reading on scalp treatments that are supposed to either help hair grow or simply make it healthier and stronger. Hair health is important always, but especially if you are growing out your hair, as I am. As the ends of the hair get older and older, they dry out and break or split, making the hair look thinner. That has always been part of the problem for me -- my hair ends get thin, and I end up getting a haircut.

Here's the list:
-- olive oil
-- mayonnaise
-- aspirin/coconut milk mixture (Would that also soak in and relieve headaches?)
-- avocado
-- aloe
-- raw egg (Eww, slimy!)
-- tea (rosemary, mint, chamomile, sage)
-- dish liquid/baking soda made into a paste
-- black pepper/lime seeds made into a paste
-- castor oil
-- lavender oil
-- onions

I'll do my best to try each of these treatments, but not all at once. As always, when I try a remedy, I'll report back with a summary of the experiment. Not sure about the raw egg... That's just kind of gross. Maybe I'll talk myself into it.

Has anyone else ever tried any of these treatments? Did you have any success with them? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment